Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mailbox Makeover - Cricut Vinyl

My mailbox just looked sad. No frills, no muss, just a lonely, black mailbox. With hubby at softball practice tonight, I decided it was high time that mailbox got a face lift.

Enter, Circut and Vinyl. Man, I love Vinyl. So many ideas, so little time. Just a quick google search will  reveal to you the wide variety of projects that are made possible when the Cricut and Vinyl unite.

I'm a little crazy over monograms, so I called up my trusty Design Studio to create a design. I used 3 different cartridges - Plantin Schoolbook, George, and Tie the Knot to make this spiffy layout:





My 24x12 mat came in handy for this particular project. I set my cricut to speed 3, depth 3, pressure 3, and away she went. With my design cut, I headed out to brave the bugs and the setting sun to apply my new pattern. I must say, I am pretty pleased with the end results!

Check out my "before" and "after"...



Tomorrow I'll add a coat of clear to make sure that baby stays put.:)

1 comment: