Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Pizza Bridal Shower Gift

My good friend Jess is marrying the man of her dreams, Nick, this coming September, and I have been honored enough to have been chosen as a bridesmaid! I am really looking forward to Jess & Nick's big day!

Jess's shower is tomorrow and I really grappled with what to choose from their registry. I remember when we got married, the most memorable gifts were those that had some special meaning, or were wrapped/presented in a unique way. While the more utility-type gifts were received were much appreciated at the time (dish towels, pot holders, etc.) I couldn't tell you who gifted them.

I noticed that Jess & Nick registered for a pizza stone, a pizza cutter, and two oven mitts, and a light bulb went off in my head. I sense a pizza-themed gift!

I purchased these items off of their registry and headed to my local pizzeria to ask for a box. I offered to pay for one, but they insisted on just giving it to me. Score! I created a personalized pizza label with my Cricut and used it to cover up the Pizza logo. (I played on their last name for the wordage) I packed the items inside along with some pretty paper and voila - a pizza-themed bridal shower gift! Hopefully when Jess & Nick have homemade pizza night, they will think of me and my husband with fondness instead of saying " I don't know who the heck gave us these, but we sure love 'em!"

Bridal Shower Card made with my Cricut:




1 comment:

  1. What a fun bridal shower it was. And yeah that Pizza Bridal Shower Gift idea is totally amazing. Keep sharing such details. Even I am going to host such a party for my sister and have booked spacious convention center as it would be a grand party with a huge number of guests.

    ReplyDelete